All conference attendees must be registered. The provided personal badges must be worn to identify registered participants. The rates listed below are preliminary and subject to change without notice. The final rates will be listed by April 30, 2010 - at the time of final submission. Please review the registration and refund policy carefully as refund penalties may apply. All registration categories include a CD-ROM containing the conference proceedings and the book of abstracts, access to technical sessions, coffee breaks, and opening and closing receptions. Note that full registration includes the privilege to upload up to three (3) final papers as well as the conference banquet and the conference proceedings. Reduced rate registration entitles you to upload one (1) final paper, but does not include conference banquet. In case of any question about registration rates and/or refund policy, please contact the Conference Registration Chair, Prof. Hideaki Ishii.
The on-line registration for the 2010 IEEE MSC may be reached via PaperPlaza. Select the MSC 2010 conference and enter your PIN and password.
Alternatively, if you have a paper in the conference, at the time of final submission you will be forwarded to the registration pages.
Department of Computational Intelligence and Systems Science
Tokyo Institute of Technology
On-site registration is available at the Conference Registration Desk located at the 5th floor of the conference center. Packets for all advance registrations will also be at the Registration Desk. The Registration Desk will be in operation during the following hours:
REGISTRATION POLICY (New MSC Policy)
Attendees may register under the following registration categories.
- Member: If you are a member of IEEE you are entitled to "Member" rate. This registration category is entitled to upload up to three (3) final papers.
- IEEE Life Members: If your IEEE membership status is that of Life Member, Life Senior Member or Life Fellow, you may register at Life Member rate. This registration category is entitled to upload up to three (3) final papers.
- Non-member: If you are not a member of IEEE, you should register at the non-member rate. This registration category is entitled to upload up to three (3) final papers.
- Student: If at the time of registration or at the time of initial submission of paper for review you were a "full-time student" at a recognized institution, you may register at student rate. You may be required to provide evidence of full-time student status. This registration category is entitled to upload one (1) final paper.
- Retiree: If at the time of registration or at the time of initial submission of paper for review you had retired or did not hold a full time employment, you may register at Retiree rate. This registration category is entitled to upload one (1) final paper.
Additional paper uploads for each registration category will require the amount of 200 USD.
Conference Support for Developing Nations awardees are entitled to upload their final papers.
If an author has uploaded a paper using his/her registration, the registration will not be refunded, even if the paper is withdrawn.
Others who pre-register and later find they cannot attend the conference may request a refund of their registration fee(s). The following rules apply:
- Requests before May 31, 2010: 90% of the fee will be refunded.
- Requests before August 8, 2010: 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Requests after August 9, 2010: No refund.
- Cancelled events: In the event of cancellation of an event (e.g., a Workshop), a full refund for that event will be issued to the registree.
Force Majeure: Unexpected cancellation of the event. The Control Systems Society reserves itself the right to cancel without notice or compensation the 2010 IEEE MSC in the event of force majeure cases (for example, but not limited to acts of nature such as fire, earthquake, hurricane, flood or terrorist attacks). In such cases, the CSS is freed of all responsibility.
Limitation of liability of the Control Systems Society. In the event of it being impossible for the CSS to carry out the 2010 MSC for force majeure cases, so long as this arises from a cause not attributable to the CSS, CSS shall only be obliged to reimburse the payments received subject to deduction of any costs it has incurred in preparing the event. This liability only extends to the payments made directly to the 2010 MSC and not to payments made by the attendees to the hotel or airlines.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES
|Category||Apr 30 - Jun 30
|Jul 1 - Sep 10
|Member||500 USD||570 USD||Up to 3||1 Included||90 USD||1 Included||50 USD|
|Non-Member||620 USD||670 USD||Up to 3||1 Included||90 USD||1 Included||50 USD|
|Life Member||250 USD||285 USD||Up to 3||1 included||90 USD||1 Included||50 USD|
|250 USD||285 USD||Up to 1|| Not
|90 USD||1 Included||50 USD|
WORKSHOPS REGISTRATION RATES
All the workshops will be offered on September 7th, approximately between 9:00AM to 5:00PM. The workshops list will be found at the 2010 IEEE MSC Workshops page.
PAGE OVERLENGTH FEE
Papers exceeding the 6 page limit will be published in the Proceedings only after payment of a page overlength fee of 175 USD/page. The page overlength fee has to be paid when uploading the final paper, i.e., by the final paper submission deadline (May 31, 2010).
The paper cannot be uploaded otherwise. No paper over 8 pages can be uploaded.
The payment can be made ONLY by CREDIT CARD. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express will be accepted. Questions related to payment should be addressed to the Conference Finance Chair, Prof. Hiromitsu Ohmori.
Department of System Design Engineering